Friday, March 6, 2009

Bugs..

yehey.. another entry.. pero honestly , i'm really sleepy na at this point... examination week has just ended pa lang knina eh.. kya hadnt got enough sleeping hours.. (yawn)

anyway.. anyway, i can do this. maggraduate na.. awwww. haha.

Speaking of bugs, the truth is I really don't encounter alot of them. But I do. I try to be uBer careful at times. Not only that but it was a coincidence that on time when I was making my activities in TLE, I was hot-tempered on that moment. And when I'm HOT? I become really quick and careful. haha. (Sana lagi na lang akong galit para maayos. =D). Why did i become hot-tempered? Basta, Yun na yun. So, to avoid any bugs, again, you just have to be super careful with your codes and you should know that your codes makes sense.

Here's WIkipedia though. Definition of terms ko muna.

Bug: is an error, flaw, mistake,failure, or fault in a computer program that prevents it from behaving as intended (e.g., producing an incorrect or unexpected result). Most bugs arise from mistakes and errors made by people in either a program's source code or its design, and a few are caused by compilers producing incorrect code. A program that contains a large number of bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality, is said to be buggy. Reports detailing bugs in a program are commonly known as bug reports, fault reports, problem reports, trouble reports, change requests, and so forth.

Wha!.. My nose is bleeding. Haha. Well anyway, since I'm not an expert in Visual Basic, I can't really determine the bugs that it has as in (0%) for the program. Maybe when I get computer science in COLLEGE there's a chance that I can investigate bugs on this software.
The bugs that usually encounter are bugs that are generated because of my carelessness at times. Such bugs. Haha. Yup.

So these are the bugs that I encounter. I don't know if embarassing or something pero my bugs are really awkward . Bugs that I encounter are compile errors. Why? Because I usually ignore placing commas in codes when I needed to (Sa lahat lahat ba naman yung comma pa yung nakalimutan! PAmbihira... :D) The codes go like this (I'm gonna be using an excerpt from the input box and message box activity:


Private Sub Cmdmb1_Click()

MsgBox "Message box with OK button and Critical icon", vbOKOnly + vbCritical, "Ok button & Critical Icon"

End Sub

Private Sub Cmdmb2_Click()

MsgBox "Message box with OK Cancel button and Query Icon", vbOKCancel + vbQuestion, "OK/Cancel button & Query icon"

End Sub

Private Sub Cmdmb3_Click()

MsgBox "Message box with Abort Retry Ignore button and Waiting icon", vbAbortRetryIgnore + vbExclamation, "Abort/Retry/Ignore button Warning icon"

End Sub

Private Sub Cmdmb4_Click()

MsgBox "Message box with Yes,No,Cancel button and Information Icon", vbYesNoCancel + vbInformation, "Yes/No/Cancel button and Information Icon"

End Sub

Private Sub Cmdmb5_Click()

MsgBox "Message box with Yes,No button without an icon", vbYesNo, "Yes/No buttons only"

End Sub

Private Sub Cmdmb6_Click()

MsgBox "Message box with Retry Cancel button and System icon", vbRetryCancel + vbSystemModal, "Retry/Cancel and System icon"

End Sub

Private Sub Cmdmb7_Click()

Dim Storetext

Storetext = MsgBox("Click a button", vbYesNoCancel)

If Storetext = vbCancel Then

MsgBox "The Cancel button was clicked", 64

ElseIf Storetext = vbYes Then

MsgBox "The Yes button was clicked", vbInformation

ElseIf Storetext = vbNo Then

MsgBox "The No button was clicked", 64

End If

End Sub









the commas that I usually miss are those right before and after punctuation marks, specially in in the input and message boxes. maybe sometimes they're just too small to be recognized by me.. hha.. oh well

because of those simple commas that sometimes i don't bother placing, they become bugs. It's even embarassing that my bugs are simply typos. haha. and because of those, i usually get compile errors. That's the name for the bug.

by the way .. I'd like to add more infos about bugs. i found this in wiki though.

"

The results of bugs may be extremely serious. Bugs in the code controlling the Therac - 25 radiation therapy machine were directly responsible for some patient deaths in the 1980s. In 1996, the European Space Agency's US$1 billion prototype Ariane 5 rocket was destroyed less than a minute after launch, due to a bug in the on-board guidance computer program. In June 1994, a Royal Air Force Chinook crashed into the Mull of Kintyre, killing 29. This was initially dismissed as pilot error, but an investigation by Computer Weekly uncovered sufficient evidence to convince a House of Lords inquiry that it may have been caused by a software bug in the aircraft's engine control computer.

In 2002, a study commissioned by the US Department of Commerce' National Institute of Standards and Technology concluded that software bugs, or errors, are so prevalent and so detrimental that they cost the US economy an estimated $59 billion annually, or about 0.6 percent of the gross domestic product.


"

GRABE!! I did'nt think that in real life bugs can be as dangerous and costful as these. I thought before that bugs can be just debugged right away. But I was wrong.. Poor me. Haha. Being careful in computer programming is a must, specially in computer softwares that are used in the different fields of proffesional life. That was thrill.


---- and so again, it ends here ----

^^

No comments:

Post a Comment